Thursday, July 07, 2005

Today in London

I wonder just how many blogs out there are commenting on the bombings earlier today.

I am sure there will be much heated debate in the days and weeks to come, I'm sure in pubs, homes, workplaces and playground there will be talk of little else. It's touched everyone here in this country on some level, there have been so many calls to family members to just check they're okay and not in London.

Perhaps though we shouldn't just be talking about this though, perhaps we should act, we should be praying for those world leaders who still have difficult choices to make, for the community leaders to soothe angry hearts, for the medical teams caring for the injured.

And also, for the bombers - that God would convict their hearts and deal with them. That they would be stopped in their tracks and prevented from spreading any more pain and suffering.

4 Comments:

At 9:33 pm , Blogger wend said...

definitley mate

 
At 8:25 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so sad, so upsetting. I've often feel slightly nervous on the tube in tunnels, packed in, so vulnerable to this kind of attack. This is a terrible nightmare, literally made real.

 
At 1:41 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Antony, we were so relieved to know you were okay.

How fortunate that with a family that travels about as much as ours does - none of us were affected.

 
At 5:54 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went back on the tube for the first time today. It was a little quieter than normal and everyone on it seemed a litte more wary - as you'd expect.

There were frequent announcements about security and line closures - a colleague who was with me said ther number of announcements was perhaps meant to be reassuring.

I'll had to take a deep breath and gather my resolve to go down into the Victoria line. After a while it felt very good to have got back on a tube train.

At the start of the day I called a former client who told me that they had lost a close friend on the bus. The effect of this thing is still rippling around us. I feel so sad about it all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home