Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Not quite a storm

It’s really dark outside, and I keep hearing those distant rumbles of thunder. I do wish the weather would get it’s act together and give us a proper storm! I love the drama of the lightning punctuated by the thunder rolling, not to mention the lashing of persistent rain.

Then that fabulous clean and fresh air, I love to stand outside and marvel at the calm after the storm. And hear the odd drip of rainwater from leaves on the trees…

But not right now, it’s just spotting! Aw c’mon!

2 Comments:

At 11:22 am , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Well, about half an hour after posting that we did finally get that storm - and it was great!

 
At 7:11 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Wish I'd not posted this now - this afternoon at school pick up there was a colossal storm - there was so much rain that both the kids and I were dripping and entirely soaked when we eventually made it home! (and on the way we saw roads turned into rivers!!)Both kids were actually frightened at the sheer quantity of rain we encountered - I have to say, so was I, I've not seen rain like it before.

So, no storms for a while, maybe???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home