Saturday, June 25, 2005

Having a smashing time..

After too long I picked up my mosaicing a couple of days ago. For some reason it has been many months since I last did any pieces – but Robin made me a frame from some MDF and wood offcuts we had lying around that was just begging to be used. In honour of the new bathroom, I decided on a fishy theme…although Joy rather like it and is insisting that it should not grace the walls in the bathrrom, but go in her room instead.

DSC01016

Here is how far I’ve got….. Elias is rather curious, as it’s still a little delicate at this stage I am having to keep his fingers away rather a lot! (as you can see below)

DSC01018

(I’m also rather proud of myself as I’ve just figured out to upload piccies from the video camera – and retrieve them via Blogjet in order to share with y’all!)

3 Comments:

At 6:12 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

Blogjet looks interesting although not quite sure what it can do for me that I can't do for myself. Like the look of the pics but they're a bit small to see the detail - are the individual pieces made from much smaller mosaic bits? Ceramic? or something else?

 
At 6:49 pm , Blogger wend said...

beautiful as always

 
At 8:37 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Oh, Blogjet just makes it super easy to post - having taken a long time to convince on the merits of blogging, Robin set me up with it so I could blog simply, quickly and easily.

Sorry 'bout the lack of detail with the mosaics, my assistant (Elias) was 'helping' so much I had to snap them really fast!

Each sea creature is made of tiny, cut to fit pieces of small glass tiles, some also contain mirror shards as well which reflect beautifully! I also use ceramic tiles, but it's much harder to use them for small scale stuff like this as they are too thick. They're better for larger designs on things like flowerpots. Hope I've not bored you with all that info!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home