Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Thinking about what really matters..

So at the moment we as a family have a lot on, not only are we busy with the usual hum drum of family life but all the fetes and BBQ’s, family members in hospital, running our own business, hospital appointments (two today, for different family members in different hospitals!) running a key group, kids parties, Church commitments, worry about income…..

I have to admit it has been all getting a bit much lately. But in the past few days I have been challenged to change my thinking.

I was hearing about someone who is having an affair, desperately trying to find the ‘right’ person – but of course not going to, at least not this time. And I was also told about a woman fighting a custody battle to keep her daughter safe.

All of a sudden I was able to look around me and just appreciate what I am blessed with. I have a happy marriage, that both my husband and I cherish and work hard at, I love him now more than ever and these trying times whilst they put real pressure on us, just highlight my devotion to him.

 I have two children, a boy and a girl, both beautiful and healthy (and Elias’s hearing got the all clear today – hooray!) Although the bank statements may conflict with this, I feel rich – in those precious things that really matter.

I’m sure that with all that we have on, I’ll still have days when life weighs heavily on me, but I hope I can hang on to this re-gained perspective, and fight on.

3 Comments:

At 8:56 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

Wow. What an uplifting post babe!
I think you're rich too. xxx

 
At 9:49 am , Blogger wend said...

i agree I think you're a trillionaire

 
At 7:04 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Aw, thanks honey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home