Thursday, September 29, 2005

Winter warmer

I dug out a soup recipe that my good friend Wendy gave me years ago and made a load up this morning. As the weather is cooling down I've been feeling a bit more like eating more wintery food, and soup is a classic I reckon, normally pretty good for you, filling, simple - fab.

Carrot & Celery Soup

1 1/2 lb carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 oz butter
1 oz plain flour
1 1/2 pints of chicken stock
14 oz can of evaporated milk
2 tsp lemon juice.

Boil carrots to soften for about 15 mins. drain.
Melt butter and soften celery and onion in large pan and cook until softened, lower heat and add flour, stirring constantly.
Add carrots, milk, stock and lemon juice gradually - stirring all the time.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins.
Season according to taste then liquidise.
Return to pan, heat through and serve - garnish with a little parsley (if you have any, which I don't!)

There you are - so straightforward. And if you are like me, lunch time does not inspire me to eat dull sandwiches - so having some fresh soup in the fridge saves me faffing trying to think of something to eat. Speaking of lunch.....

1 Comments:

At 2:22 pm , Blogger wend said...

this is one of my faves, very scrummy!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home