Sunday, September 18, 2005

Family Breakfast



Last Saturday we did something which we'd been meaning to do in a while - we went out for breakfast as a family. Our selected venue - Cafe Rouge, Little Clarendon Street, Oxford.

We had a great time, the staff looked after us very well, and we ate breakfasts as varied as mini croissants with chocolate dipping sauce, croque madame, and a continental breakfast. All of it was delicious! We'd noticed their breakfast menu on a previous visit (just Robin and I that time) and had been interested to note that their kids menu was varied and well priced. Plus they had little colouring booklets and crayons on stand by to keep the kids happy until the food arrived.

It came in at a smidge over £20, including coffees and juices for the kids. And we used Tesco Clubcard vouchers so it was essentially free - even better! It felt like a real treat for us all, and I'd highly recommend the place.

5 Comments:

At 10:11 pm , Blogger wend said...

how do you end up earning so many tescos vouchers mate........

 
At 12:25 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Well, truth is, I use piles of their coupons they send to gain extra points - plus I've had a number of coupons that have given me double points on my entire weekly shop! (I have noticed that we've had more coupons than usual lately - and I've used every useful one!)

Also, for £2.50 in vouchers, you get £10 to spend in restaurants - so they go a lot further when used in that way.

I shop around with the deals pretty carefully, and if I see something I'd particularly like to go for then I'll save my vouchers to put towards that deal. That's how I have managed to send off for the case of wine, by saving coupons up for it.

 
At 12:40 pm , Blogger wend said...

sounds very cool, must say we've never had double points on an entire shop coupon

 
At 12:46 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Really???!!!!!!!

I'm sure I've had about 6 in the last few months! (I am signed up for all the clubs BTW, wine,food, kids and toddlers)

Could be just God's provision though, or Tesco trying hard to get me to spend more than my £40 per week!

 
At 9:33 pm , Blogger wend said...

must sign up fro the clubs then I'm not signed up for any

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home