Wednesday, April 05, 2006

kingsize disaster!

Oh yesterday was a good day, it was long, but a good day. I took the kids to Ikea with Abi and my Mum. The sun was shining, the roads were clear and the kids were well behaved. Oh, and we didn't spent all that much either.

But Elias is somewhat under the weather, so he was coughing hard by the time we got back. Plus being good for that long really takes it out of you, so tea time was a subdued affair. Robin too had been hard at work all day.

So by kids bedtime we were all worn out.

After an evening clearing up, having food and getting the house straight again we were ready for our bed. As we pottered through our nightly bedtime routine there was much yawning and plodding. I was brushing my teeth when it happened.

A big crash.

With my toothbrush poking out my mouth I rushed through to see what had happened.

Poor Robin had just been getting into bed when it had fallen apart! In a rather bemused and slow sort of way we had to dismantle it all and rest it up against the wall in order to sleep on the floor.

Our lovlely bed, only a few months old, is now going to be returned, and sadly, they no longer stock it. Oh the tears are flowing as I write this! And had I just known yesterday I could have been bed shopping whilst in Ikea! (oh well, could be visiting again very soon....)

1 Comments:

At 5:25 pm , Blogger wend said...

theres a joke in there somewhere only its not funny by how much you loved the bed....oh the chore of having to go back to ikea!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home