Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Dinosaur challenge

Today I was playing a silly game with my nephew, we ended up trying to outdo each other with our knowledge of different dinosaurs (a bit daft of me going against a 2 year old boy - he's bound to know more about dinosaurs than I do!)

But I surprised myself by actually remembering a fair few, not just the usual ones - which came from living with a dinosaur mad boy in America for a while! (but that was over 10 years ago!)

Here's a few I remember - do you know any more that'd impress us???

Dimetrodon
Parasorolophus
Stegosaur
T-Rex
Baryonyx
Diplodocus
Pteranodon
Arqueoptrix (ooh very questionable spelling!)
Iguanadon
Plesiosaurs
Pteradactyl
Velociraptor
Hadrosaur
Triceratops
Apatasaurus

After that my mind has gone blank...... go ask your boys they're bound to know more than you!

4 Comments:

At 6:59 pm , Blogger wend said...

theres an allasaurus (or soemthing like that) and an oviraptor...if we're doing birds theres an orcheoprtrix (not sure of spelling), I know theres quite a number of raptor breeds but couldn't tell you all their breeds, Isn't there also a new one like a gigantasaurus or a megasuarus or something daft like that that they've found out in the last so many years was much bigger than a T-rex. This comes from us hvaing a huge dinosaur phase in our house too!!!!

 
At 8:06 pm , Blogger Mr Thomas said...

That's 'Archeopteryx' I believe. I haven't looked it up, that's just remembered from my childhood, so I could well be wrong!

 
At 12:50 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

See I knew there would be more impressive ones offered in no time!

Joy and I had fun talking about this since I posted, she has been drawing her own dinosaur - very cool!

 
At 9:53 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is an apatasaurous( don't know about spelling). It's been a while.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home