Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bargain hunting genes???

Joy is off school today - I've been trying to get her to rest and get better from her cough. But I also needed to nip out and get some new shirts for Robin as he's been needing them so much.

So I did feel pretty guilty taking her over to Matalan - but you know I am glad I did. Initially my bargain radar was just plain not working. I was looking at very nice shirts, but at the more pricey end of the range with the nagging feeling I was missing the better priced ones.

I was! Joy came over from round the corner of a stand and offered me another one - lo and behold there was a gorgeous yellow sale sticker on it! Turned out she'd found a pile of them, which I had totally missed! So we filled a basket and Robin can sort through them later when he gets home. I've found so few bargains of late - it felt good coming home with a large bulgy bag of bargains!!

But I can't take the credit, Joy was the one who sniffed them out, and I'm told she was invaluable to 'Santa' just before Christmas too. Bargain hunting must be in the genes surely??!

1 Comments:

At 11:08 am , Blogger wend said...

most def

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home