Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Too many labour saving devices.

Many years ago (I'm told) there were no labour saving devices in our homes making things easier.

Some I fess up, I cannot live without. Like my dishwasher, washing machine. and the tumble dryer, oh, and I guess the microwave.

But I have this one cupboard, and loitering in it is a variety of supposed labour saving devices. That are either not labour saving, huge and only used occasionally, or just plain useless - but I feel the need to keep a hold of them - just in case they come in useful.......

The ice-cream maker, well, makes thick cold cream. I have a food processor with a box of attachments - but I've only ever used one of them.

The problem is, these things take up SO much space! And in actual fact they only have light use - not really warranting taking up valuable cupboard space.

Labour saving - Not always.

Space eating more like.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 am , Blogger wend said...

I like gadgets but I think you're right you ahve to use the stuff you've got, we have the opposite problem in that we use everything we've got and it gets absolutley hammered so never lasts as long as it should LOL. I think they only expect you to use domestic food processor once in a while and ours can be used every single day sometimes more than once and the bread make often gets used twice etc etc . Thing is if you got rid of it you'd miss it
One thing you could do is put a date sticker on them and if you've not used it in a year then give it away

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home