Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Senseo Coffee



A little over a year ago I won a Senseo Coffee machine. I've no idea what I entered, and it was a total surprise to me to be the lucky winner and receive it. You see, I was not a coffee drinker.

Let me introduce the 'concept' for those of you who are not familiar with it. This sleek machine brews up to two cups of coffee with a 'crema' layer (fine froth to you and I) using coffee pods, which are like tea bag looking sachets of ground coffee.

It's nice-looking, easy to use and has made me a coffee drinker.

All sounds great..... until, I realised there was little choice in the UK of blends - we were stuck with dark roast, medium roast or de-caff. Which were nice, but I hankered after something more...

My sister found it. The Senseo machine is very popular on mainland Europe (particularly in The Netherlands where it originates from) and there they enjoy many blends - and a lot cheaper too. So Anni kept bringing some over each time she visited which has been lovely - but awful every time I have to go back to the 3 dull-in-comparison blends!

Until now!!!!!!!! I found in Tesco 2 new blends, yipee, I bought the 'Sydney' blend and am about to break it open and give it a whirl. Oh what excitement! Plus, Tesco have started their own 'Finest' coffee pods too which again broadens the choices.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 am , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Just a really quick update... the Sydney blend is delicious! And it's really nice to have a bit of a choice.

 
At 9:01 am , Blogger wend said...

sounds great

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home