Sunday, July 17, 2005

Revisitng recycling

I think one of my first posts was about recycling and I was challenged all the way back then to take my recyling a little more seriously.

Whereas before I happily recycled cans, newspaper and glass (oh and passed toys and clothes etc on) I decided about a month or so to see how easily a busy family adapted to a couple more recycling changes.

Easily it seems.

I have a makeshfit large holdall which I use for plastic, this I take to be recycled when I do my Tesco shop (thanks for the tip Nicky) and we also put all our peelings etc in the composter in the back garden. (A new one is needed soon though I fear - this one is rather elderly and ready to fall apart)

And has it made a difference to the amount of waste we generate?

Heck yes!

Our waste has halved as a result - I am not kidding. At first I thought it was a fluke - but no, we are down to two bin bags per week for the four of us. I feel pretty smug now, although - I wonder what else we could be recycling too.

I do wish the new bags would arrive for us soon so we could be disposing of our garden waste easily too, having lots of trees and shrubs generates piles of stuff that is a real pain to take to the dump, which surely wastes fuel as well??

1 Comments:

At 3:37 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the royal bank caribbean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home