Friday, October 13, 2006

There's always one

Upon arrival home from our holiday I was pleased to open the mail and find our gas was in very healthy credit. I very nearly ignored another letter from British Gas assuming absentmindedly that they had just sent the same bill twice. What a shocker that was upon opening it.

A little background. We moved of course at the end of May, and before doing so I called all the utility companies to set everything up, then when we moved in, I called them again to set up direct debits etc etc. All had been going pretty smoothly. (I thought)


But no, you see, when we moved in British Gas were our suppliers for both gas and electric, and I was made aware that you have to be a resident for a while before making any changes of supplier. Okay. So yes, I knew this, and duly set up the direct debits.

WRONG.

The gas direct debit has been working beautifully, but due to a foul up with their system British gas had not even changed the name on the bill for the electric - so 'the occupier' was sent a £140 bill. This occupier was rather displeased, andimmediatelyy called to AGAIN set up direct debit and pay the large outstanding balance. I was mighty miffed.

I don't think much at all of the customer service, but having wasted many hours before moving talking to Southern electric too - and finding them pretty inept as well, I'll leave things like they are, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home