Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tchibo in Somerfield

A couple of people have mentioned that Tchibo is now selling some of their merchandise in some Somerfield stores. Well, I found one local to us which is! Just had to check it out.

As I was going into Headington anyway I popped into Somerfield and the cluster of ballons gave away the position given to the Tchibo merchandise. I have to say I was a little surprised at the odd selection of their current range that they were selling - buying lacy underwear in Somerfield just doesn't seem right somehow! But it was nice to be able to get a small amount of their stock there, and they are also stocking a huge amount of the Tchibo ranges of coffee as well.

I'll remember this, it may save me a trip into the parking hell that is Oxford one day!

Incidentally, whilst in Headington we also visited the Chinese supermarket (hooray for sweet chilli sauce, prawn crackers, miso soup and cheap coconut milk!) which was really fun, Joy had lots of questions about the exotic ingredients we found there. Plus we visited Frog Orange, a great shop filled with curious gifts and nice things for the home - could have spent a bundle but managed to come away without even unzipping my purse - oh the restraint!

3 Comments:

At 10:34 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Frog Orange link has not worked - really only showed where it was, Windmill Rd, Headington.

 
At 9:10 am , Blogger Alana said...

I love Frog Orange - usually end up coming away having spent a fortune though so well done on not buying anything! :-)

 
At 8:03 pm , Blogger Shablagoo! said...

I don't know. There's somethig about Tchibo that is strangely sinister...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home