Friday, August 12, 2005

Seven years


I'm just watching Joy polishing off her tea - and it struck me that seven years ago I'd not yet met her! Her birthday is tomorrow, and I generally get rather reflective as I appraoch her birthday, partly because I find it hard to believe just how grown up she is.

But also because August 13th 1998 was one of the days in my life when my whole world changed, I'd no idea about the sleepless nights that lay ahead, or the smile with which she can light up the room. No idea of how I'd worry about her when she went to her first sleepover, or that I'd wish this little chatterbox would occasionally have a quiet moment!!

Her charachter is changing and developing with each passing day. I hope I can keep up!

I think one thing about Joy which is really special is her name. I've been really blessed by the amount of people who have commented on her name suiting her so perfectly - I hope that will always be the case. It was given as a blessing, along with her middle name, Renata, which means 'Born again' - we also hope that is something she'll choose for herself in the future, and we try hard to do our best to be a Christian family.

I like birthdays, they are a great oppourtunity to appreciate someone for just who they are.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 pm , Blogger wend said...

i always get reflective on birthdays too, its amazing how much these amazing people change and enrich our lives

 
At 9:34 am , Blogger The inimitable Mrs T. said...

I have to admit, you made me sob!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home