Monday, July 18, 2005

Recycling grumble

After my post yesterday saying how great it all was - I found today that when I went to drop off my plastic that the container was full.... again!

It seems more people are wanting to recycle, but the people responsible are not keeping up with the quantity people are wanting recycled. I would guess that some will be put off by this - which would be a shame.

I bagged mine up and added it to the pile alongside, I will keep recycling. Espeically now we're a two bin bag a week house (pretty proud of that!)

3 Comments:

At 8:05 pm , Blogger wend said...

I'd love to be a 2 bin bag a week household, we fill our wheelie bin in a week. We recycle garden waste, plastic, tin cans, bottles, etc.

The only thing we cant recycle is cardboard and the bin is often full and they wont let you leave it by the side of the bin.

I did contact our council about them recycling carboard but to no avail.

 
At 10:21 pm , Blogger Sarah said...

We're down to one black bag a week, with a 5 person family - our wheelie bin only gets emptied every fortnight! It had never occurred to me to be proud of it ... we never had that much rubbish though, using washable nappies helped a lot I suspect.

It's amazing how different areas are *so* different, iyswim. Here we can recycle all sorts of cardboard and plastics and metals, and there is no limit to the amount of recycling - but they won't let you have more than your one wheelie bin full of black rubbish in a fortnight.

 
At 9:28 am , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Oh don't get me started on cardboard! We presently collect it in the garage until there's no space to move and then take it for re-cycling to the dump!

I do wish we could recycle more in our green box. Seems to defeat some of the object if you're having to make car journeys to dispose of stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home