Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Helping out the Brownies

Well today was a first for me, my turn on the rota had come around and at 5:30 I reported (along with Joy) to Brownies.

I must admit that I was anxious about it, I don't know the girls all that well and the Brownie leaders even less. The schedule said 'Bird houses'.

I now feel a bit daft, the brownies were all bouncy, fun little girls - and the leaders were great with them. We talked about getting their wildlife badges, coloured in tick sheets, played games, sang songs and topped it all off with a prayer. Bird houses are next week.

I left feeling good that I had 'done my bit', and even happier to have gained an insight into what Joy does on Tuesday's - no wonder she loves going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home