Monday, April 30, 2007

I have a soft spot for red.

Odd post title I know - but I mean exactly that. In the past couple of years I have had an odd, and growing fascination with red things.

I find it so hard to walk past a cute pair of red shoes without trying them on at least! One thing I can't stand though is that I keep wearing out the red shoes that I buy and get really attached to, the upside is, I therefore need to buy more!!!!! I am presently red shoe-less and trying to rectify that.

Robin bought me a cool blender for my birthday last year, again, red. It's is very nearly too retro gorgeous to use - well, nearly. It makes a mean iced Bailey's and the soups are just wonderful. Today I bought some kitchen scales to keep it company - I have been researching which ones I was after, they had to be retro, with a good clear dial to help out with the kids' cooking. I had my eye on a Typhoon 4kg in Buick red, at around £20, but today I was thrilled to pick a similar one up in Matalan for... can hardly believe it, 5 of your English pounds sterling - wow!

Now though, the red ball is rolling... and I'm thinking of adding a couple of other red 'accents' in the kitchen. Specifically a new toaster and kettle. Sadly, I have expensive tastes......

To finish, I must mention that whilst I have an incredibly soft spot for most things red - well, I have no love for red cars, so there you go.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 pm , Blogger Alana said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE red shoes - and red in general mostly! Try New Look for red shoes or Office - both of my last two pairs have been from these places (New Look is always very reasonable for shoes I find).

I also have no love of red cars - I'm definitely a blak girl all the way as far as cars go.

 
At 11:08 pm , Blogger Nikki Mayfield said...

Yup, cars should be black, or sometimes silver. And Dad, yellow is a questionable choice!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home