Thursday, May 12, 2005

24 - I want more!

Last night Robin and I finished off watching 24 series 3, I got the set for my birthday and have been desperately finding the time to watch it ever since. I have found the series to be as compulsive and gripping as the first season, without the massive amount of violence the second series seemed full of. As we have the first three series I am toying with revisiting series one to fill the vacuum that running out of new episodes has now created!

The worst thing about finishing it is that series 4 is not yet released on DVD, and as we do not have SKY we have not been able to watch it already. I found on play.com that it is released in August – argh!!!!! I wonder if Robin would like it for his birthday………

If you are not familiar with the series, then you probably have not experienced the continuous nail-biting suspense it seems to maintain, and the compulsion to yell at the characters to do something different. (or, after having watched a number of episodes late into the night having the ‘being chased/saving the world from terrorists’ dreams!)

Our television watching has taken a real shift in the past couple of years, we seem to have got on board with a few series, and either recorded them or bought them rather than watching (so much!) random rubbish. I’ve been developing a taste for ‘The West Wing’ too of late.(if anyone has any on DVD I’d love to borrow them!)  It does seem a shame though that most of these shows are American, with all our British TV and film heritage I wish we could be producing something equally gripping. Maybe we will….maybe it’ll be bigger and better… ‘48’ perhaps??!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home