Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Moving

So we're moving. At this point there is not a tidy place in either house as things are being taken over from the old to the new place, and as wallpaper stripping and other decorating bits are being done.

At the old place it is box city - they are piled high - all clearly labeled and most importantly with a note on each to say if they are heavy or not (Guess who is hoping to be lifting the light ones!) And there are the odd bits and pieces that just don't seem to fit in with other things - or have missed their deisgnated box, so the odd bit of Paymobil is lurking or a marble that has been found under a sofa. I've resolved to have an 'odd bits' box saved to the last minute where they will all go.

Today I'm tackling a most annoying job - defrosting freezers. The problem I have is that one of them cannot be turned off and as result takes HOURS to do. So I started that at 7:30 this morning and am just finishing now! (10:15!!!) When this one is done I transfer the food to it, and defrost our freezer ready to move - thankfully that can be unplugged so is more straightforward.

One thing very much on my mind is our need to buy a fridge and washing machine - problem being that we have to replace the kitchen and they may not 'go' - rather annoying but I simply can't wait without either for very long at all. Odd to think that 60 years ago both were not commonplace.

Well, the freezer beckons, as do my boxes etc etc......... I am keen to move as soon as I can, I am one very happy home-owner (with a whole lot to do!)

I have been told off by a number of people for not posting pictures of the new place - hopefully I can take a few in the next few days so you can see the rather interesting decoration, and our progress in changing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home